The NY Coalition for Sustainability in Higher Education (NYCSHE) unites representatives of higher education and supporting organizations with a common interest to promote and support environmental, fiscal and social responsibility.
- To bring together members from higher education who share interest, knowledge, and expertise and those that are in strategic positions that impact our sustainability policies, practices, and physical development.
- To advise members on “best practices” within the field of sustainability.
- To be a conduit for information about policies, practices and ideas, primarily to make them more affordable, available, uniform, consistent, and utilized in order to support sustainability needs in New York State.
- To become a voice on promoting the best interests of sustainability stakeholders with the NYS Legislature and the Federal Government.
- To coordinate related activities with coalitions of similar purpose, on a local, regional and national level.
- Serve as sustainability leaders in higher education, public and private enterprise, and the local community.
- Become leaders in the development and promotion of sustainability education and technology.
- Use economic, environmental, and social resources efficiently and sustainably.
- Address current and future challenges to operations and growth, while maintaining the sustainable structure of each member’s organization.
- Communicate and share each member organization’s successes and challenges.